Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pop Culture


Pop Culture (Popular Culture) is almost everything happening around us everyday. This includes the cloths we wear, music, movies etc, these are all part of pop culture. Mass Media has a big influence in Pop Culture, especially among teenagers, they are searching whats new and hot and most importantly whats POPULAR!


The magazine that we look at, the cloths that we are wearing, the phone that we are using... its all pop culture!
Japan, especially Tokyo is influenced by Western Culture a lot. They have American Dream...I guess??? Fashion, food, electric devices, movies, series, these things are changing in Japan into Western culture. Make up of the girls are changing, food that we are eating is changing... everything is CHANGING!


Also Famous singers in Japan are influencing Japanese pop culture. AKB48 (a famous Japanese singers) are changing the young girls cloths and even the way they talk! Like I said earlier, Mass Media has a great impact on pop culture.

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog post. I think you give some useful examples of pop culture though I would have liked to see some links to click too.

    I do wonder if your definition is a bit too general to say that almost everything is pop culture.

    Perhaps you could provide an example or two of things that are not pop culture and explain why they aren't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment.
    I will try to give links for my next blog for sure. Since this is my first blog, I'm still in "learning process"... I will try to make it better next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Japanese pop culture also influences American pop culture, too! :P There's a large group of people in American following anime and manga, and the American girls LOVE the fashion from Japan! Specially that Lolita Gothica style :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very good point! I didn't think about it in opposite way ;)
    I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Walter said pop culture works both ways. Being an American we have a lot of popular cultures within our country, but not all of them originated from the U.S. We sometimes follow the trend of a culture in another country and embrace that as a pop culture.

    ReplyDelete